Visionary Christians from eleven churches organized Rock River Christian Camp in 1944. In 1954 nineteen churches purchased property located on Illinois Route 64, eight miles northwest of Polo. The camp’s 94 acres have been transformed over the years into a beautiful facility ministering and sharing with youth and adults from over 60 Churches of Christ/Christian Churches in northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin, and eastern Iowa. The camp began with a cluster of rustic cabins which are now Main Camp. Since those days the camp has diversified: The Wilderness Camp was added in 1970, the Earth Lodge was built in 1985, and the farm was purchased in 1987. The ’90s saw major changes with the addition of Settlement Camp, White Oaks Lodge was built in 1996, a new high ropes course was installed, as well as an addition of a new heated pool, and our new office. In 2001 Pine Ridge Hall was built with a large kitchen, buffet room, a small meeting room, and a great room bringing camp into a year-round ministry. In 2007, Wilderness Camp received a makeover that included the rebuilding of the Hogans. In 2010 renovations were completed to Fireside Hall to make it a great place to host your next retreat. 2010 also saw the addition of a couple of large pavilions, playground equipment, and a new paintball field at Settlement Camp. This year will bring on the renovation of the Earth Lodge one of our most popular places to stay!